Thursday, July 9, 2009

WOW...what a slacker I am!! I have so neglected this blog and I feel bad about it.

However, We are starting up here in about 2 weeks and I PROMISE..to do a better job.

Here is the latest stuff we are working on:

1. Skipper has been in to see an educational psychologist and we have some answers to  a lot of questions. The biggest is that he is Dyslexic (okay that is not the biggest but I think it is the easiest for me to get my mind and heart around right now). That makes so many other things make sense now. So we will approach the new school year with that in mind. (With the possibility that the 5 year old is also dyslexic).

2. I found the Workbox System at the end of last school year and we didn't have a lot of time to get that flowing. We will use that again this year and see what we get. I really liked what we saw with it and am excited to get going again with it.

3. This year I will be schooling 3 kids. I am still looking at it and praying it over and looking for what God knows is best for the boys. In some ways the Dyslexia diagnosis actually makes it a little easier..sound silly? Well, in my head it makes perfect sense!!

4. Scout's mom has Alzheimer's. Has had for a while. We found out about 3 weeks ago and they told us over the 4th of July. She is not doing great and of course things are going to get worse. We are trying to decide if we feel God is calling us to move back there or if we are suppose to wait a little bit.

Tonight once I get the peeps in bed, I will work on the planning side of our year and let you know what I find!

Thanks for stopping by and I promise to be a better homeschool blogger this year!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin