Monday, April 4, 2011

Homeschool Mom tells you off....

The choice to homeschool was an easy one for our family.

I have a degree in elementary education.

I taught school.

And....

I don't need your negative attitude about it.

I think that every family must make the choice to educate their children in the way that works best for their family. I don't care if you send your kids to public school, a private school or homeschool them. You have to do what works for you...not what your next door neighbor's sister's hairdresser thinks works for you and not what your mom's best friend's daughter's niece does...do what works for YOU and YOUR family.

That being said...please give me the same respect.

If you don't like the idea of homeschooling, don't show up on my blog or my facebook page, etc, cause I  am going to talk about it.

I am going to talk about what is going on, on the state and national level that could effect my rights as a homeschooling parent, my choices as a homeschool parent and my children's academic future. Please don't tell me that we don't do school. Yes, in fact, we do do school. Just because we do it differently than what you are used to or are familiar with...doesn't mean we don't do school.

I follow the rules that have been set forth by the state. I file my papers. I test using the state approved tests. I do everything that is required of me.  AND I pay my taxes. I pay for those extra curricular activities that your kids get to do. I pay for those field trips. I pay for those extras that your kid gets to use.

And you know what, I am fine with that. Why? Because I want your kids to get the best education that they can get! I want  your kids to be great at reading and math and science and all the other stuff, too! I really do. I want your kids to have a great education and get great jobs and be great citizens of their communities. I want them to change the world for the better and if you need my tax money to do it..take it. You can have it. It is worth it. For all of us.

But you know what...I don't get any kind of a tax break. I don't get any incentives. I pay for your kids education, as well as mine. I don't get anything. It all comes out of my husband's paycheck.

So, if you don't like it...you can go away.

I am not getting paid if you visit.
I am not getting paid if you click here or there.
So don't read what I have written if you feel that negative about homeschooling.

Please.

I think that we should remember, "If you don't have anything nice to say...don't say anything at all."

I PROMISE I will return the favor.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin