Friday, September 17, 2010

Scattered and random


School is under way -full force at our little homeschool. Matter of fact...we have been going 6 weeks strong and next week is our off week. Well, off, if you don't count the 2 belt-loops and and 2 academic pins for science and weather, and the WEBELOS Scientist and Traveler pins and zoo trip that we will be working on.

I am going to try to blog something each day for a while. Even if it is something short and sweet.

No promises...but from the looks of things...no one will know if I do or if I don't! LOL

This year we are schooling a Jr. K, 1st, 2nd and a 5th grader. And it is really working for us. I think that it is harder when the littles are really litte. Seems to be easier if I actually have all 4 schooling....go figure.

We took a trip to Washing ton DC this summer for the 2010 Nation Scout Jamboree. It was incredible!
On day 2 of our trip, my Daddy called around 10:30am to tell my my Granny had passed away. So we changed course and Scout and the boys dropped me off and started the trip without me. I joined them 3 days later to finish up.
The boys had such an amazing time. They loved everything about DC. We drug them out of museum every evening!
We attended the Jamboree at Fort AP Hill and is also was nothing short of amazing. We went as guests this time, since they boys are still Cub Scouts. Skipper will be old enough to attend as a Scout in 2013. He has decided to start saving his money so he can go.
Daily, I am amazed, watching the boys learn and grow and develop into wonderful young scholars and men.

I am grateful that I get the opportunity to be a part of the whole process of raising our boys.


1 comment:

  1. I'm still checking in and I can't wait to see what you have to write. DC is our current favorite vacation spot - so much to see and learn!! I love the pic of the boys on the steps of the Capitol.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin